Contact:                Sara Smith

Address:               754 North Groton Road
                              Groton, NH 03241 

Phone Number:    (603)744-9190
Fax Number:        (603)744-3382

Officer Hours:      Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
                               Friday-Sunday: Closed

Email address:     selectmen@grotonnh.org

Weather Updates – Homeland Security and Emergency Management (HSEM)

HSEM held a conference call with Fire Departments and Emergency Management Departments to discuss concerns raised with the brutal temperatures. In the conference call, rumors about fuel shortages were discussed and HSEM reports that this is not true. With the extreme cold temperatures and winter weather many residents are using heating fuel at a higher than normal rate. Please monitor your fuel levels closely and request a delivery before you are empty. There are no State laws prohibiting high emergency delivery fees and the only way to avoid these fees is to be proactive. With the higher demand, fuel companies are having difficulty keeping up. If you are having trouble finding heating fuel, or establishing a delivery, and you are in crisis or near crisis call 211 and an official from Homeland Security and Emergency Management will try to assist you.

At this time the Town of Groton has not opened a Warming Center. If you are in need of a warming center please contact the local Fire Department (Rumney 786-9924 or Hebron 744-9468) or visit ReadyNH.gov for a list of open Warming Centers.

For your safety please only heat your homes with approved heating appliances. If you are out of fuel and need to use alternative heat sources please call the local Fire Department for assistance and / or advice or call the Groton Town Offices if you need assistance.




Groton's Welfare Application:     Please click here to view the welfare application.

Groton's Assistance Guidelines: Please click here to view Groton's assistance guidelines.

The application can also be picked up at the Town Office. Please make sure the application is fully complete and signed by all adult household occupants. Please also make sure you have all supporting documents that are required. Once all of this is complete you may call and schedule an appointment.

The completed Application must be brought in person to the applicant(s) intake interview along with the following:


Please read the following regarding Welfare Assistance so you know where to apply:
The Town of Groton provides temporary emergency assistance to Town residents for the basic necessities of life when no other resource is available. Assistance is rendered in voucher form only.
If you need any of the services listed below, contact the State Division of Health and Human Services (State Welfare). The Concord office is located at 40 Terrill Park Drive, Concord NH 03301. Their phone number is 603-271-6200. Their Web Site is www.dhhs.state.nh.us or www.nheasy.nh.gov 
  • ANB - Aid to the Needy Blind
  • APTD - Aid to the Permanently and Totally Disabled
  • Child Care
  • Child Support
  • DEAS - Division of Elderly and Adult Services
  • DCYF - Division of Children, Youth and Families
  • EBT - Electronic Benefits Transfer
  • Food Stamps
  • Healthy Kids Program
  • Medicaid
  • OAA - Old Age Assistance
  • TANF - Temporary Assistance to Needy Families

If you need assistance with any of the following, your local Tri-County CAP Community Contact Center can connect you to programs in your area that help with:

  • Emergency Assistance

  • Utility and fuel costs

  • Weatherization

  • Housing and Preventing Homelessness

  • Nutrition, including food pantries and soup kitchens

  • Employment and Job Training

  • Child Care, Head Start and other programs for children

  • Seniors -- Nutrition, Transportation, Recreation and Socialization

  • Alcohol, domestic violence and other family problems

  • More...

             The office for Grafton County is in Ashland, New Hampshire. Below is the contact information:

                            41 School Street Ashland, NH
                           phone: (603) 968-3560

                            fax: (603) 968-7381



Other Helpful information: